Welcome to the College of Letters and Science!
The Office of Undergraduate Advising can help you make sure all degree requirements are complete, your academic plan is balanced and manageable, and you explore enrichment opportunities. To help with your transition to Berkeley, it is important that you participate in both the online L&S Academic Program Plan (APP) and participate in an academic advising session. Please follow this checklist to prepare for orientation.
- Register for Cal Student Orientation (CalSO) online at http://calso.berkeley.edu. CalSO is your opportunity to meet with your L&S College Adviser or undergraduate major adviser who will answer your questions and assist you with schedule planning for Fall semester. All newly admitted students are expected to participate in CalSO.
If you cannot attend CalSO, indicate your plans when completing the online L&S Academic Program Plan (APP) in May. You will receive additional information via email later in the Summer.
- Transfer Students:
If you cannot attend CalSO, contact your undergraduate major adviser to get academic advising about schedule planning and course registration.
- Beginning in May, visit bHive.berkeley.edu to complete the online L&S Academic Program Plan (APP). You should complete the online Academic Program Plan (APP) before attending CalSO.
- Attend CalSO in June or July. At CalSO, you will meet with your L&S College Adviser or undergraduate major adviser to finalize your Fall schedule and register for classes.
- Download the Earning Your Degree guide for students. This guide describes describes what it takes to graduate and how to plan your studies to make the most of your experience at Berkeley.
- Review the following supplemental documents:
- Like our Facebook UC Berkeley College of Letters and Science Undergraduate Advising
- Review the College of Letters & Science Video Overview